PERSONAL CARE DIRECTIVE
This document is to ensure that if anything happens to you and you cannot make decisions by yourself, someone you trust will make decisions on your behalf. If you do not have this agreement completed, health practitioners will ask your closest of kin to make important decisions for you. To create this agreement you must be over 18 years old.
FEE:$400.00 (Set of two)
This is a useful document if you suffered a major incident and need someone to make decisions for you during a temporary period of time.
In order for the Personal Care Directive to become effective, a capacity assessment will be completed. This assessment will determine if you can make your own decisions.
Before coming to meet with us:
1. Have a person in mind who you think will be able to make the correct decisions for you.
2. Talk to the people who you would like to become responsible for you and those who you are responsible for, so they understand what will be expected of them and be able to agree to potential terms.
When you meet with us, we will:
1.Verify that you are capable to make these decisions.
2. Ensure that the people you designated have the authority to make decisions for you.
3. Complete all the important details.
What we will do:
1. We will make sure correct details will be included in your directive, such as:
- Where and who you live with if you can no longer care for yourself.
- What medical treatments that you do not want to endure.
2. Hold records of the Personal Care Directive for 10 years.
3. Register the Personal Care Directive at the government registry.
We would be happy to send you a Personal Care Directive questionnaire to assist you in this process. If you would like a questionnaire click here.